I’ll admit, I was a little apprehensive about combining cheese and fish. It’s certainly NOT a classic flavor combination. In fact, it’s kind of frowned upon. But, I decided to give this a try anyway, and have to say, I was pleasantly surprised with the result. The cayenne pepper gave it just the right amount of heat, and the little squeeze of lemon juice at the end brightened the whole dish up. Best part is that it’s really fast too make.
Start by preheating your oven to 400º…
- In a shallow bowl, add some grated parmesan cheese.
- Add a little cayenne pepper. (Be careful not to add too much!)
- Add a little black pepper.
- Add some dried parsley (or fresh if you have it).
- Mix to combine everything.
- Drizzle some EVOO over your tilapia filets.
- Make sure both sides have oil on them.
- Press both sides of the tilapia into the cheese mixture.
- Place the tilapia in the bottom of a baking dish.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 12 minutes, until opaque and cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and squeeze a little lemon juice on top of the fish.
I served the tilapia with the delicious Mozzarella, Tomato, & Olive Salad from yesterday (see: http://cookbookmeals.com/post/22623066495/mozzarella-tomato-olive-salad). Enjoy!