Do you recall that amazing Buffalo Chicken from this week’s Slow Cooker Sunday??
Well, it’s back and even better than before! After two nights of the buffalo chicken lettuce wraps, I decided it was time for a change. We still had some chicken leftover (and I was not letting it go to waste – it was too good!) So, I decided to make a sandwich out of it. A panini, to be more specific. I got out my Cuisinart Griddler, some bread, and some cheese, and got to work. (And by work, I basically slicing some bread. It was that easy!)
- Start by preheating your Griddler (or panini-maker if you have one) to medium.
- Next, slice the bread. (I used a whole-wheat Italian loaf, which I didn’t even know they made.)
- Lightly butter one side of each slice. (Note to self: Next time, take the butter out at least 20 minutes before you need it so it’s soft! I remembered to take the buffalo chicken out to take the chill off, but completely forgot about the butter!)
- Turn the bread over so the buttered side is down.
- Break 1 slice of cheddar cheese and half and place it on the bread. (If your bread is more square, you don’t need to break the cheese in half.)
- Top with some of the shredded buffalo chicken.
- Break another slice of cheese in half and place it on top of the chicken.
- Top the sandwich with the remaining slice of bread. Make sure the buttered side is on top.
- Place your sandwich on the Griddler.
- Close the Griddler and cook until the cheese is melted, the chicken is warm, and the bread is golden brown.
- Slice on the bias (aka diagonally) and serve immediately!
This sandwich was soooo good! My husband even stole a few bites from mine after he devoured his! Enjoy!