Both of these recipes are from Food Network Magazine. (They were paired together as a meal.) The chicken was really good. The succotash, not so much. I would like to make the chicken again. I’ll go with a different side though…
To make the chicken:
- Preheat a grill, grillpan, or Cuisinart Griddler (get one here: Cuisinart GR-4 Griddler Stainless-Steel 4-in-1 Grill/Griddle and Panini Press) to high. Spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Chop about 2 cups of arugula and shred about 1/2 cup pepperjack cheese. (To save time like I did, buy the already shredded bag!)
- Combine the cheese and the arugula in a bowl.
- Take 2 arge chicken breasts and cut a large slit in the thickest part. (Don’t cut all the way to the other side though!)
- Stuff the chicken with the arugula cheese mixture.
- Brush with EVOO.
- Season with salt and a cajun spice blend. (I did not have a premade cajun seasoning in my pantry, but I had everything I needed, so I made my own. The recipe is at the end of this post.)
- Grill the chicken until copletely cooked through, about 8-10 minutes per side.
*Note: Once you have the method of stuffing the chicken down, try different stuffings!
To make the succotash:
- Heat 1 tablespoon EVOO in a skillet over high heat.
- Add 1 cup of frozen lima beans (thawed), 1 medium yellow squash (diced), and 2 cups of corn kernals.
- Season with s&p and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of grape tomatoes, cut in half.
- Cook for a few more minutes. Then remove from heat.
- Stir in the juice of 1 lime.
(Sorry there is only one picture and it’s blurry…I made this last summer before I started blogging.)
*Here’s the Cajun Spice Blend Recipe: http://cookbookmeals.com/post/7871589251/homemade-cajun-seasoning