I was in the mood for something sweet the other night and remembered a recipe that my Aunt Maureen gave me a while back…Chocolate Mug Cake. I had all the necessary ingredients in my pantry already. It was amazingly quick to make and pretty good. Not the moistest cake I have ever had, but for just three minutes in the microwave, it was okay in my book!
- In the bottom of a mug, combine 4 tablespoons flour, 4 tablespoons sugar, and 2 tablespoons cocoa powder. Mix thoroughly.
- Add 1 egg and mix well again.
- Pour in 3 tablespoons milk and 3 tablespoons oil. Mix again.
- Add a small splash of vanilla extract.
- *If you would like, you can also add 3 tablespoon of chocolate chips.
- Mix one last time.
- Microwave on high for 3 minutes.
The cake will rise in the microwave (1000 watts). Allow it to cook a little. Eat it out of the mug or transfer to a plate if you desire.
(I used a really tall mug so the cake didn’t rise over. I will probably use a regular mug if I try this again.)
Like I said earlier, it was dry. I would recommend microwaving it for maybe only 2 minutes. Also, I did not have sugar free chocolate chips in the house. I would add them next time as well. Adding a little pudding to the mixture may also help with the moistness. Enjoy!