This recipe is a simple yet *different* grilled chicken. The flavor is pretty fantastic. It’s not your normal grilled chicken dinner. It’s simple because it has just 5 ingredients (including the chicken!) and takes little time to prepare. The best part (in my opinion) is there is absolutely no chopping! Just throw everything into your mini food processor and hit pulse! Then, just combine the marinade and the chicken in a resealable bag in your fridge and sit and relax! An hour or so later, heat your grill and you’re set!
I really enjoyed the Asian flare this chicken dish had. It was a welcome change from the standard grilled chicken marinated in Italian dressing. The chicken was juicy and and the perfect salty tang from the soy sauce. It paired perfectly with my Asian Style Peppers. (That recipe is coming in a few days!)
Start with the marinade…
- Place a good amount of cilantro into your food processor.
- Add 2 cloves of garlic.
- Pour in 2 tablespoons of soy sauce.
- Add 1 tablespoon of sesame oil.
- Pulse until blended well.
- Place 1 package of chicken into a large resealable bag.
- Add the cilantro mixture.
- Close the bag and massage the marinade into the meat.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour (or longer!).
- Preheat your grill/grill pan/griddler to medium high.
- Place your chicken on the grill.
- Cook for about 7 minutes, then flip.
- Cook until done, about 6 more minutes.
Cilantro Grilled Chicken (serves 4)
- ½ cup cilantro
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 package boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Combine the cilantro, soy sauce, sesame oil, and garlic in a food processor.
- Pulse until chopped and combined well.
- Place the chicken in a large resealable bag.
- Pour in the cilantro mixture.
- Close the bag and massage the mixture into the chicken.
- Refrigerate the chicken for about an hour.
- Preheat your grill to medium-high.
- Place the chicken on the grill.
- Cook until done, about 7 minutes per side.