Continuing with my Greek/Olympics theme, I served this chicken during my Opening Ceremonies get together. There are a lot of great herbs in this recipe that give the chicken wonderful flavor.
I found the recipe via Pinterest. It was so easy, especially since all I had to do was place the chicken on my Cuisinart Griddler right before my guests arrived. It smelt great while cooking. And, it was really juicy. I think the key to this chicken was the fact that I marinated it for just over 48 hours. The chicken really absorbed the flavors of the fresh herbs and the lemon.
- Start by trimming 5 large chicken breasts. (It was about 2.3 pounds.)
- Place the breasts in a large resealable bag.
- Juice two lemons.
- Combine the lemon juice with 1/2 cup EVOO.
- Chop up several cloves of garlic.
- Next, chop up a few tablespoons each of basil, parsley, rosemary, oregano, and thyme (all fresh!).
- In a large bowl, add the EVOO and lemon juice mixture.
- Add all of the herbs and garlic.
- Whisk to combine.
- Season with 1/2 teaspoon pepper and 1 teaspoon salt.
- Whisk one last time.
- Pour the marinade to the bag with the chicken.
- Seal and massage the marinade into the chicken.
- Refrigerate for 24-48 hours. (I say the longer the better!)
Keep massaging the chicken every few hours. Here’s how it looks after 1 day:
- When you’re ready to make the chicken, remove it from the fridge and let sit out for about 25 minutes.
- Preheat your Cuisinart Griddler (or grill or grill pan) to medium-high.
- Open the bag and use tongs to remove the chicken.
- Place on your griddler and cook until done, about 8 minutes on each side.
I served with a Greek Pasta Salad. Look for that yummy recipe next week! Enjoy!