Finishing off my Greek/Olympics theme is this tasty pasta salad. It was the ideal side dish to go with the Greek Grilled Chicken. Of course, I loved all the flavors of this salad. Everything melded together perfectly. It’s a new favorite of mine! (I definitely will be making this again before the next Olympics!)
Start with pasta…
- Cook 1 box of short cut pasta. I went with medium shells.
- Cook the pasta according to the box directions. Then drain it.
- Spread it out on a cookie sheet to cool. (You want it to be completely cooled before making the salad and spreading it out makes that happen faster. It also helps prevent it from clumping together.)
While the pasta cools, gather the rest of the ingredients…
- Start by dicing up the cucumber. I cut it in half, then in half lengthwise. I cut each quarter into thirds, then diced it up.
- Next, I quartered a pint of grape tomatoes.
- Then, I minced up 1/2 a red onion.
- Last, I ran my knife through some kalamata olives.
- To summarize:
- Once the pasta is cooled, add it to a large bowl.
- Add all the veggies.
- Add a small container of crumbled feta cheese. (I *love* feta, so I’ll probably add more next time.)
- Add 1.5 teaspoons of dried oregano.
- Pour in 1/2 cup EVOO.
- Add 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar. (I’ll probably add 1 extra tablespoon next time.)
- Season with black pepper. (Salt really isn’t necessary, thanks to the kalamata olives and feta.)
- Stir to combine everything.
- Refrigerate a few hours before serving.
This was great to serve with company because I made it hours before they got here. Just take it out of the ridge about 30 minutes before eating, and make sure you stir it well. Enjoy!