UNHappy Labor Day Weekend! I’m ending the summer with a yummy burger. (Okay, I know technically the summer isn’t over until September 21st, but to some like me, aka a TEACHER, August 31st is THE END, which means this is most definitely my LEAST favorite weekend of the entire year! I know having the summers of is a gift and I’m not complaining, but going back to work after 2 months off takes some adjusting!)
Anyway, this is a great burger to end on though…turkey, spinach, feta…all delicious ingredients! I pinned these burgers a few weeks ago and decided to put my spin on them today.
I loved the alternating bites of salty feta and earthy spinach. The flavors were definitely there! My only complaint was that the burgers were a tad bit dry. Next time, I think I’ll add a little Greek salad dressing (either to the meat before I mix or on top of the burgers once they’re done). I just had the burger and my husband had it on a lettuce “bun”, but eat it however you would like!
Start by preheating your Cuisinart Griddler (or grill or grillpan) to medium-high…
- Mince 4 cloves of garlic.
- Heat a little EVOO in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic and sauté for a couple of minutes.
- Once the garlic is golden brown, add 1 bag of baby spinach.
- Stir to combine.
- Then, cook until wilted, stirring frequently.
- Once the spinach is wilted, remove from the heat.
- Place the spinach into a large bowl.
- Add 1 package ground turkey.
- Sprinkle in a good amount of feta with Mediterranean herbs (find it at Trader Joe’s!).
- Season with some pepper.
- Mix well,then form 4 equal-sized patties.
- Place each patty on your griddler.
- Cook for about 7 minutes, then flip.
- Continue cooking until done (when the meat is no linger pink and the juices run clear).
Serve on a lettuce bun.
Or serve just by itself.
Either way, pair it with a side of Greek Green Beans (recipe coming soon!) and enjoy!
One Year Ago: Grilled Cod with Peppers & Onions
Greek Turkey Burgers (serves 4)
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bag baby spinach
- 1¼ pounds ground turkey
- ½ cup crumbled feta with Mediterranean herbs
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- nonstick cooking spray
- buns or lettuce cut into “buns”
- Preheat your grill to medium-high.
- Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic and cook for about 2 minutes, until golden brown.
- Add the spinach and cook until wilted, stirring constantly.
- Place the spinach mixture into a bowl and let cool.
- Once cool, add the turkey, feta, and pepper.
- Mix to incorporate everything.
- Divide into 4 equal sections and form 4 patties.
- Coat your grill with the cooking spray.
- Cook the burgers, flipping once, about 7 minutes per side.
- Serve bunless, on buns, or on lettuce “buns”.