This is the first Bobby Flay recipe I have used on this blog. (I actually can’t remember ever using one of his before…) I have nothing against him (in fact I love Bobby’s Burger Palace). I just don’t own any of his cookbooks. I was on foodnetwork.com though and came across this chicken dish. This recipe looked healthy and quick to make, so I decided to go with it.
(*Little tidbit: Paillard just refers to pounding the meat until it’s very thin and tenderized. I bought my chicken already thinly sliced. If you have regular boneless breasts, cover with plastic wrap and gently pound it with a meat tenderizer.)
- Start by combining 1/4 fresh lemon juice, 1/4 cup EVOO, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, and 1 small shallot, chopped, in a large baking dish. (It took 1.5 lemons to get enough juice.)
- After whisking the marinade to combine, add about 1 pound of thinly sliced chicken breast.
- Turn to coat the chicken.
- Refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- While the chicken is marinating, core, seed, and chop a few tomatoes. (Seeding the tomatoes will help keep the salad from getting soggy.)
- Thinly slice a red onion.
- Combine the red onion and tomatoes with 1 package of baby arugula.
- *The recipe then said to toss the salad with 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar and 2 tablespoons EVOO. I however did not for 2 reasons:
1.) I had leftover lemon-pepper oil from last night’s tilapia which made a great dressing. See: http://cookbookmeals.com/post/4971948936/tilapia-with-escarole-potatoes
2.) I knew there would be leftover salad, and I did not want it to be soggy tomorrow.
- Do season the salad with s&p though.
- After 30 minutes, preheat a grill or grill pan to high (or your Cuisinart griddler, like me!).
- Add the chicken and grill about 3 minutes per side.
The recipe said to drizzle EVOO onto the finished chicken, but I left that out to keep the points value lower.
Overall, this was a great meal, perfect for a spring or summer day. I’m excited to try another one of Bobby’s recipes soon!
P.S. – In case you couldn’t tell, we got an awesome new camera. The first picture in this post is from my iphone. The rest are from the new camera. They are fantastic, right??