Made a quick and yummy breakfast this morning: my Italian style scrambled eggs.
- Start by chopping 1 clove garlic and 1 plum tomato.
- Heat a little EVOO in a pan.
- Add the garlic and tomato; sauté until soft.
- Meanwhile, whisk 2 eggs together with pepper, a splash of skim milk, and some grated parmesan cheese.
- Chiffonade a little fresh basil. (Pile the leaves up, roll into a cigar, and slice into thin strips.)
- Add the basil to the tomatoes and garlic, then add the egg mixture.
- Let cook until solid, then break up with a spoon. (The initial plan was to make this an omelet, but the flipping aspect was not happening. I think it’s because I added cheese directly to the egg mixture. Also, I normally use but, not EVOO when making an omelet.) Even though it didn’t go as planned, it was still yummy!