I was in the mood for a light dinner tonight and decided that a panini was the perfect solution. Paninis are great because they are quick to make and you really have so many options. I decided to go with turkey tonight. I gave it an Italian theme and loved the results!
I started with just regular whole wheat bread…
- First, I drizzled a little balsamic vinaigrette onto one piece of bread.
- I added a slice of mozzarella cheese.
- Then, I added 3 slices of turkey breast from the deli counter and seasoned with pepper.
- I put a roasted red pepper on top of the turkey, along with some fresh basil.
- I topped the sandwich with one more slice of mozzarella.
- I added a little more balsamic vinaigrette onto the other piece of bread.
- Last, I brushed a little EVOO onto the outsides of the sandwich.
I cooked the sandwiches on my Cuisinart Griddler, set to medium heat. (Don’t use high heat…it will cause the bread to brown faster than the inside of the sandwich heats up.)
(I served the paninis along side leftover fried zucchini from Carmine’s. So good but yet so bad for you!)
Definitely give paninis a try. You have so many options! Enjoy!