I love making tilapia. (I’ve mentioned that several numerous times already!) It’s affordable and so fast to make. This meal was done in under 25 minutes, perfect for a busy weeknight. I made spinach sautéed in garlic and olive oil as a healthy side. Yum!
Start by making the coating for your fish…
- Add about 1/3 cup of flour to a shallow dish.
- Add in 2 teaspoons of seafood seasoning. (I was very excited to finally open my jar! I’ve had it since August but have never opened it! Next time, I will add more. The flavor could have been stronger.)
- Add 1 teaspoon salt.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon black pepper.
- Mix to combine all ingredients.
- Heat a large pan over medium-high heat.
- Add some EVOO (enough to coat the bottom of the pan).
- While you’re waiting for the oil to heat up, chop 4 cloves of garlic.
- Dredge both sides of the fish in the flour mixture, shaking off any excess.
- Once the oil is hot, add the fish.
- Cook until golden brown on both sides, about 6 minutes total.
- When the fish is done, remove it from the pan and lower the heat.
- Add 2 tablespoons butter to the same pan and let melt.
- Once the butter melts, add the garlic.
- Add the juice from 1/2 a lemon. (Don’t make the mistake I made and use the whole lemon…it was too tart!)
- Add some dried parsley (or fresh if you have it on hand).
- Let the sauce cook for a couple of minutes.
- Top the fish with the finished sauce.
Serve with a simple side, like sautéed spinach or rice pilaf. Enjoy!