Tomorrow is my Saint Patrick’s Day party! Naturally, I am super busy cleaning and cooking tonight (10 pounds of potatoes, 4 heads of cabbage, lots of dips and veggies, and other prep work), so we just ordered a pizza for dinner. But, I promise to post pics/recipes of my corned beef and cabbage sometime this weekend. For now though, here is a delicious dip that I made for an appetizer.
Healthier Spicy Spinach Artichoke Dip:
- Start by finely chopping 1 onion and 3 cloves of garlic.
- Saute in 1/2 teaspoon of butter until softened.
- Added 1 jar of artichokes (drained and chopped), 1 box frozen spinach (thawed), and 1 small can green chiles (chopped).
- Then add 2 tablespoons olive oil mayo and 2 tablespoons whipped cream cheese.
- Squeeze in the juice of 1 lemon.
- Cook, stirring often, for about 5 minutes.
- Season with s&p.
I am serving this with pita chips tomorrow. I will heat it up in the microwave first.
It’s from the Cook This, Not That! book. My coworker made a copy of it for me. Here’s their picture:
Okay, lots to do tonight! Can’t wait for corned beef tomorrow! 🙂