I think this is a fabulous summer dessert! It may be a little tedious to skin the peaches, but it is totally worth it in the end! You can definitely change the fruit combination to your liking too. (A berry crisp is equally delicious!)
First, make the fruit filling…
- Preheat your over to 350º.
- Boil water and immerse 6-8 peaches in it for only about 40-60 seconds.
- Remove and immediately place in an ice bath.
- Peel the peaches then cut them into wedges.
- Combine the peaches with the zest and juice from 2 lemons, 1/2 cup sugar, and 1/4 cup flour.
- Toss well then add a pint of blueberries.
Next make the crumble topping…
- Combine 1 cup flour, 1/3 cup sugar, 1/4 cup light brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, and 1 stick of cold unsalted butter (diced) in the bowl for your electric mixer.
- Using the paddle attachment, mix on a low speed until the butter is the size of peas.
- Rub the mixture with your fingers until it’s turned into big crumbles.
Now, put it altogether…
- Spoon the fruit mixture into the bottom of small ramekins. (You will need about 6 ramekins total.)
- Sprinkle the crumble top on top of each ramekin.
- Place the ramekins on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper (for easy cleanup!).
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, until the fruit is bubbly and the topping is brown and crisp.
Serve warm (with a little vanilla ice cream, if you prefer). DELICIOUS!!