This slaw was the *perfect* accompaniment to those fabulous Honey Sesame Chicken Sliders from yesterday. It added just the right amount of freshness and crunch to the sliders. The flavor was great too. I could just eat this on its own as a salad or a side.
Start with the veggies…
- Thinly slice 2 yellow peppers and place in a large serving bowl. (I wanted to use 1 yellow and 1 orange, but my market didn’t have any orange.)
- Thinly slice 1 red pepper and add to the bowl.
- Pile up the snow peas. Cut in half lengthwise then again widthwise (is that even a word?). Add to the bowl.
- Very thinly slice 1/2 a red onion and add the rest of the veggies.
- Shred up about 1/3 of a head of red cabbage and place in the bowl.
- Mix everything up.
Now, make the dressing…
- Start with 1/3 cup of peanut oil.
- Add 3 tablespoons of rice wine vinegar.
- Pour in 1 tablespoon soy sauce.
- Grate 2 cloves of garlic into the dressing using a microplane.
- Using the same microplane, grate in a 1 inch piece of ginger.
- Add 1.75 teaspoons of sugar.
- Pour in 1 teaspoon of toasted sesame oil.
- Squeeze in the juice from 1/2 a lime.
- Season with some pepper, to taste.
- Whisk well to combine.
- Pour over the vegetables and toss.
- Refrigerate for a few hours before serving. (I had it in the fridge for about 6 hours total.)
This slaw makes a great addition to the honey sesame chicken sliders, but it also is fantastic on it’s own. The sesame oil really comes through and give a great flavor. However you eat it, enjoy!