Oreo Stuffed Funfetti Cookies
Makes approximately 24 cookies
Preparation: Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line bake sheet with parchment paper.
- 3 cups of flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 eggs, plus1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 5 tablespoons nonpareils
- 24 Oreo cookies
1. In a bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; set aside. Cream butter, cream cheese, sugar and powdered sugar until light and fluffy. In a separate bowl lightly mix eggs and vanilla together. With the mixer running on medium low, slowly add egg mixture to creamed butter mixture, continue mixing until combined. Turn off mixer, using a wooden spoon or a sturdy spatula, gradually fold dry mixture into wet mixture and continue to fold until combined.
2. Divide the dough into four flat discs and refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Working with one disc at a time, roll out dough on a lightly floured surface a 1/8 inch in thickness. Sprinkle nonpareils on top and using a rolling pin give the dough one quick roll over to push the nonpareils into the dough. Stamp out 3.5 inch circles and place Oreo on one cookie circle and place a second cookie circle on top, pinch the two cookies edges together. Using your hand, smooth out pinched seam until it is smooth and the sides are seamless.
3. Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
omg these look amazing!