I am a huge fan of eggs in the morning, and I love to play around with different flavor combinations. A few days ago, I made a yummy omelet for breakfast. It had roasted red peppers and mozzarella in it. Delicious!
- Melt a pat of butter in a small omelet pan of medium-low heat.
- Meanwhile, crack 3 eggs into a bowl.
- Add a splash of milk. (I only have skim in the house so that’s what I used!)
- Season with black pepper and Italian seasoning.
- Whisk eggs with a fork until small bubbles form around the edges of the bowl.
- Add the eggs to the pan and leave alone until it sets on the bottom!
- While you’re waiting, slice up a roasted red pepper.
- Flip the omelet once the bottom is set. (I have a giant spatula that I use to flip my omelets.)
- Add the roasted peppers and then top with mozzarella. (I used a slice of mozzarella that I ripped into pieces…shredded mozzarella would work well too.)
- Once the cheese begins to melt, fold the omelet into thirds (or half if you prefer).
- Let cook a little longer, then serve.