First thing’s first: this recipe will leave your house smelling *amazing* for hours! The aromas from the combination of garlic, Parmesan, and white wine will have your mouth watering in anticipation the entire time this dish is in your slow cooker. My inspiration came from here. I didn’t change much. (I did skip the last step about adding another tablespoon of EVOO and mixing the chicken with a vegetable. I probably should have done that…)
I made the marinade the night before and let my chicken breasts soak it up in the fridge overnight. I served the chicken alongside a cheesy baked squash (recipe coming soon). My only complaint is that the chicken was pretty dry. The flavor was awesome, it just was in dire need of some moisture. Next time, I will probably add some chicken broth to the slow cooker and hopefully turn it into a sauce.
Start with the marinade…
- Mince 4 cloves of garlic.
- Season about 2 pounds of chicken breast with s&p.
- Place the chicken breasts in a large resealable bag.
- Pour 3 tablespoons of EVOO into a bowl.
- Add the garlic.
- Add ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese.
- Sprinkle in ½ teaspoon dried basil.
- Add ¼ teaspoon dried parsley.
- Pour in 3 tablespoons of dry white wine. (I used pinot grigio.)
- Whisk well to combine everything.
- Pour the marinade into the bag with the chicken.
- Close the bag and massage the marinade into the meat. (You want to make sure each chicken breast is completely coated.)
- Refrigerate the chicken overnight.
- The next morning, place the chicken and any leftover marinade into your slow cooker.
- Add 3 more tablespoons of the white wine.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
Serve with a yummy veggie side dish. Enjoy!
Two Years Ago: Roasted Pepper, Tomato, Basil, & Mozzarella Paninis
Slow Cooker Garlic Parmesan Chicken (serves 4)
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon dried parsley
- 6 tablespoons dry white wine, divided
- Trim the chicken and season with the salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken in a large resealable bag.
- Pour 3 tablespoons of the olive oil into a bowl.
- Add the garlic, Parmesan, basil, parsley, and 3 tablespoons of the wine.
- Whisk to combine.
- Pour the mixture over the chicken.
- Seal the bag and massage the marinade into the chicken.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- The next morning, place the chicken into your slow cooker.
- Pour the remaining wine on top.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.