This week’s Slow Cooker Sunday recipe is a tasty chicken seasoned with lemon pepper and oregano and cooked until super tender. Wrapped up with some onion, cucumber, and tomato, it’s a delicious, guiltless meal!
There’s barely any prep work for this meal. Just a little slicing and you’re good to go…
- Slice 2 onions and mince up 4 cloves of garlic.
- Coat your slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add the onions and garlic.
- Add 3 teaspoons lemon pepper.
- Add 1 teaspoon of oregano.
- Add just a sprinkle of nutmeg.
- Trim up about 2.5 pounds of chicken breast and add it to the slow cooker.
- Mix well to incorporate all of the seasoning.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours. (I did it for 5.5 hours.)
Just before the chicken is finished, get everything else ready…
- Dice up 3 plum tomatoes and about 1/3 of an English cucumber.
- Wash and dry some Bibb lettuce leaves.
- When the slow cooker is finished cooking, place the chicken breasts in a large bowl and the onions into a smaller separate one.
- Shred the chicken with two forks.
To serve, start with the lettuce.
Add some of the shredded chicken.
Add some onions.
Top with tomato and cucumber.
You could definitely add some feta and some Greek style dressing. I took out a dressing, but we didn’t use it. The onions added enough moisture. You could also use pita bread instead of the Bibb lettuce. However you make the wraps though, enjoy!