Today’s Slow Cooker Sunday post is a simple one. This is a basic recipe for a delicious poached shredded chicken. The beauty of this recipe is that the chicken can be transformed into countless dishes. (Here are 40 to start you off!) I used some of this shredded chicken to make my buffalo chicken wonton cups. I’m still deciding what to use the rest for. The possibilities are endless!
Start with the veggies…
- Chop up 1 onion and 4 cloves of garlic.
- Peel and cut 2 carrots into chunks.
- Add a 1.75 pound package of chicken breasts to the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Add the onions, garlic, and carrots to the slow cooker.
- Place a couple of bay leaves into the slow cooker.
- Pour in 2 cups of chicken broth.
- Add more chicken broth if needed. You want the chicken to be completely submerged. (I added about 1/2 – 3/4 cup more.)
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours (or low for 8).
- When the slow cooker is finished cooking, remove the chicken.
- Discard the contents of the slow cooker.
- Shred the chicken using 2 forks.
Use the chicken any way you’d like. I removed some of the chicken to a plastic container.
Pour in some buffalo sauce.
Like I said, the possibilities are endless! How do you think I should use the rest?