I LOVE this salad. I make it a lot during the summer. It is light and refreshing, and it has lots of my favorites: cucumbers, tomatoes, feta, etc. It’s usually a big hit at BBQs. Everyone should try it at least once!
*Note: I made a double batch since I was bringing it to a Labor Day BBQ, so the pictures look like a lot more than a normal batch does.
First, take out a large bowl. Then, start with all the chopping. As you chop, add to the bowl. (Make everything bite-sized.)
- Chop 1 tomato.
- Chop 1 red bell pepper.
- Chop 1 English cucumber.
- Chop 1/2 of a vidalia onion. (Make sure you get a sweet onion since it will be raw in the salad.)
- Once the majority of the chopping is finished, cook 1 box of garlic & olive oil flavored couscous. (Just follow the directions…it really is that simple!)
- In just about 5 minutes, you go from the box to this:
- Once the couscous is finished cooking, fluff it with a fork add it to the big bowl full of delicious vegetables.
- Mix it up, then add 1 small container of crumbled feta. (Crumble any big pieces in your fingers.)
- Add one can of chick peas (rinsed).
- Add s&p to taste.
- Dress the salad with 1/4 cup of EVOO and the juice of 2-3 limes. (Taste after 2 to decide if you need the third.)
- Mix it up on last time.