I made this salad *many* weeks ago for a Labor Day BBQ. I had made a different three bean salad earlier in the summer and really liked it. I decided to try something new though. I really like dill, so this recipe seemed appealing to me. Frankly, I should have stuck with the original salad. This one was just okay; the other one was really good. People at the BBQ liked it, but in my mind (and in my husband’s mind), the other one was much better.
You’re taste could be different than mine though. So, if you’d like to give this one a try, start with the chopping…
- Finely chop 1 onion, 3 cloves of garlic, and 3 stalks of celery.
- Drain 3 cans of beans, any variety you would like. (I used red kidney, pinto, and white.)
- Add the drained beans to a large bowl.
- Stir to mix all the beans up.
- Add the onion, garlic, and celery.
- Mix well.
- Mince up a good amount of fresh dill.
- Add the dill to the bowl.
- Sprinkle in 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Add some black pepper, to taste.
- Pour in 3 tablespoons of EVOO.
- Stir to combine everything.
Cover and refrigerate overnight. I tasted it the next day and decided it need some acidity, so I added a few splashes of apple cider vinegar. That helped. Hope you enjoy!