It’s a really quick and tasty meal tonight!
My inspiration came from an Ellie Krieger recipe for sea bass. I switched the fish and played around with the sauce. I served it with a side of couscous (the quickest side ever!!). I was very happy with the outcome!
You will need all this (plus some EVOO):
- Start by seasoning your tilapia filets (or other white fish) with s&p.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 teaspoons EVOO.
- Add the fish and cook for about 2 minutes on each side, until opaque.
It will go from this:
- Remove fish and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Add two more teaspoons of EVOO to the skillet.
- Add one small onion, chopped.
- Saute about 3 minutes then add 1/2 cup of dry white wine. (I used pinot grigio.)
- Cook until the wine reduces by half, about 3 more minutes.
- Add 1 small can of diced tomatoes (and its juices), about 1/2 cup chopped black olives, and 2 tablespoons of capers (chopped).
- I also added about 1/4 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flake.
- Stir to combine, then let cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add one package of spinach. (Wash it well and don’t worry if it looks like too much!)
After just a few minutes, it will go from this:
- Once the spinach is wilted, season with s&p to taste.
Serve the vegetables/sauce over the tilapia.