Super Bowl Sunday is quickly approaching (go Giants!), so here is an easy appetizer to make using Pillsbury Crescent Rolls. What’s great about this recipe is that you have total creative control with the filling. Play around with different combinations. I’m sure you’ll enjoy your creations!
Start with the filling…
- Chop up some pepperoni and combine it with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Add some dried oregano and mix.
- Add the yolk from 1 egg. (Save the white though!)
- Mix well and sprinkle in some grated parmesan cheese.
Next, open up the package of crescent rolls…
- Unroll the dough and separate it into 4 rectangles.
- Press the creases together.
- Add the pepperoni and cheese filling. (Don’t use too much though!)
- Roll the rectangles up and press the end together.
- Slice each roll into 6 slices.
- Place the pieces cut side down on a cookie sheet.
- Brush the top of each piece with the egg white. (I hope you listened and saved it! 😉
- Bake at 375º for about 12 minutes, until the cheese melts and the pastry id golden brown.
I served with some marinara sauce. Enjoy!