That is all I have to say…
Well, maybe not all, but it pretty much sums it all up. This wrap was delicious. I mean, it combines two of my favorites: buffalo chicken and a BLT. Throw in some A (A is for avocado), and you are set! And, unlike after I eat buffalo wings, I did not feel one ounce of guilt at all.
The buttery creaminess of the avocado balanced the heat of the buffalo sauce perfectly. And the saltiness of the bacon combined with the tang from the blue cheese crumbles was a perfect combination. My inspiration for this great wrap came from here.
I used ranch dip mix on the chicken. I am NOT a fan of ranch dressing, so I almost decided not to try it. But, I’m glad I did. It actually gave great flavor to the chicken. Who knew?
Start with the meat…
- Trim 1 pound of chicken tenders.
- Sprinkle ranch dip mix onto both sides. (I used about 1/2 a packet total.)
- Massage the mix into the chicken.
- Cut up 3 pieces of bacon into pieces.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add 2 teaspoons of vegetable oil. (This is for the chicken.)
- Heat a smaller pan over medium heat (for the bacon).
- Add the chicken to the larger skillet and cook until golden brown on both sides and cooked through.
- Add the bacon to the smaller pan and cook until crispy.
- When the chicken is finished, remove to a plate and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Place in a bowl and add some buffalo sauce. (Add as much as you’d like. I added just enough to coat all pieces.)
- Stir to coat the chicken evenly.
- When the bacon is done, remove it using a slotted spoon. Place on a plate lined with paper towels to absorb the grease.
While the meat is cooking, prep the other ingredients…
- Cut two plum tomatoes in half lengthwise. Then slice.
- Cut an avocado in half. Remove from the skin and slice lengthwise.
- Was and dry some large lettuce leaves. (I used Boston lettuce. Romaine would work too.)
When I served the wraps, I set up all the ingredients to make a “build you own” station. I also put out blue cheese crumbles. (I put out blue cheese dressing as well, but we didn’t even open it. It wasn’t necessary.)
To make you wrap, add some chicken.
Next, add some tomato.
Then, some avocado.
Finish with the bacon and blue cheese crumbles.