This is a very fast pasta meal based on a recipe from Giada De Laurentiis’ cookbook Everyday Pasta. (My copy is autographed!) Get it here: Everyday Pasta.
You can make the sauce in the time it takes to boil the water and cook the pasta…a perfect weeknight meal. (It actually felt more like a Rachael Ray 30 Minutes Meal than a Giada one.) Either way, it was yummy!
- Start by getting the pasta water on. Once it comes to a boil, season generously with salt and add the capellini.
- While it’s heating up, peel and chop 1 carrot, 4 cloves of garlic, and 3 shallots.
- Heat 3 tablespoons EVOO over medium heat.
- When the oil is hot, add the vegetables.
- Season with 1 teaspoon each of s&p.
- Stir to combine, then let the veggies cook until tender (about 8 minutes).
- When the vegetables are tender, add 5 tablespoons of tomato paste.
- Add 1/2 cup of the pasta cooking water.
- Stir to break down the paste and create a sauce.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, and 1 teaspoon each of dried parsley and dried thyme.
- Add 1 & 1/2 cup of frozen peas.
- Fold in the cooked pasta.
- Add about 1/3 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- Stir to combine, adding more pasta cooking water as needed to make a sauce.
That’s it! It’s that quick. Enjoy!