This is another recipe inspired from weightwatchers.com. The Points Plus value per serving is 7 (there are 4 servings). I used chicken thighs for this. Next time, I will use chicken breasts though. I’m really only a fan of chicken thighs when they are slow-cooked.
Start with the chicken:
- Preheat your oven to 400º.
- Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add 1 teaspoon of EVOO.
- Season 4 chicken boneless, skinless chicken thighs (or chicken breasts if you prefer) with s&p.
- When the oil is hot, add the chicken to the skillet.
- Brown on all sides (about 2 minutes per side).
- While the chicken is cooking, cut up 1 red pepper into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Slice an onion and chop about 5 cloves of garlic.
- Once the chicken is browned, remove it from the skillet. (Don’t worry about the chicken not being fully cooked. It will finish cooking in the oven.)
- Add another teaspoon of EVOO to the same skillet.
- Add the garlic, pepper, and onion.
- Add 1 small jar of chopped pimentos and 1/4 teaspoon of oregano.
- Cook, stirring often, until the veggies are tender and the onions are golden brown.
- Return the chicken to the skillet.
- Add 1/4 cup dry white wine and 1/2 cup chicken broth.
- Scrap the bottom of the skillet with a spoon to release the brown bits into the sauce.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven.
- Bake, uncovered, until the chicken is fully cooked (about 12-15 minutes).
- Remove the skillet from the oven and stir in 2 tablespoons fresh parsley (chopped).
- Season with a little s&p.
Serve the vegetables over the chicken. (I made couscous as a side dish.)
The sauce has a great flavor. This was a really good chicken dish. My only change for the future will be to use chicken breasts instead of thighs. Enjoy!