Caprese salad (aka tomato and mozzarella) has to be one of my *all-time* favorites. It’s my go-to in restaurants. So, when I came across this recipe, I knew it would be perfect for me (and Matt, of course)! This was a quick and different chicken dinner that had loads of flavor and cheesy goodness. You *must* give this a try!
Start by preheating your griddler (or grill/grill pan) to medium high…
- Add about 6 tablespoons balsamic vinegar to a saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer, and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, mince up some garlic.
- Add the garlic to some EVOO and let sit for a few minutes.
- Brush the garlic oil onto 1 package of thinly sliced chicken breasts.
- Season the chicken with s&p.
- Place the chicken on the griddler and grill for 5 minutes on one side.
- While the chicken cooks, slice up some fresh mozzarella and plum tomatoes.
- After 5 minutes, flip the chicken and top each slice with some mozzarella and tomato.
- Continue to cook for 5 more minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the heat and cover with foil.
- Let the chicken sit for about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chiffonade a decent amount of fresh basil.
- Top the chicken with the basil.
- Drizzle the reduced balsamic over it.
One Year Ago: Pepperoni & Mozzarella Chicken Rollatini
Two Years Ago: Corn, Bacon, and Potato Chowder
Grilled Caprese Chicken (serves 4)
- 6 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 package thin cut chicken breasts
- black pepper
- 1 ball fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 2 plum tomatoes, sliced
- ½ cup fresh basil, chiffonade
- Heat the vinegar in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- Let simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Preheat your grill to medium-high.
- Combine the garlic and olive oil, and let sit for several minutes.
- Brush the oil mixture onto the chicken breasts.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Place on the grill.
- Grill for 5 minutes on one side, then flip.
- Top each piece of chicken with 2 slices each of mozzarella and tomato.
- Cook for 5 more minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove to a plate and cover with foil.
- Let the chicken rest for about 5 minutes.
- Top each piece with the basil.
- Drizzle the reduced balsamic vinegar on top.