I used some more zucchini tonight! (Surprise, surprise…I know. Another “surprise” is that I found the original recipe on Pinterest! See it here.) This was a really good dinner. The chicken was tender, and the creamy filling was the perfect counter to the crunch from the breadcrumbs. Serve with a simple vegetable, and you’re good to go!
Preheat your oven to 450º, then start with the filling…
- Chop a few cloves of garlic.
- Grate 1 zucchini, skin and all. (Cut it in half first to make it easier to handle.)
- Heat 1 teaspoon of EVOO in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic and sauté until golden, about 3 minutes.
- Add the zucchini, season with dome s&p, and cook for a few minutes.
- Grate some mozzarella cheese. (Or just buy it already shredded.)
- Remove the zucchini mixture from the heat and add the mozzarella.
- Stir to combine.
Next, set up your dredging station…
- Add the juice of 1 lemon to a small bowl.
- Add a couple of teaspoons of EVOO to the lemon juice.
- Season with pepper and mix to combine.
- Pour some Italian-style breadcrumbs onto a plate.
- Add some grated parmesan cheese and mix to combine.
You’re ready to start stuffing now…
- Season thin-cut chicken breasts with s&p.
- Spread the zucchini mixture onto the middle portion of each cutlet.
- Roll the chicken.
- Place the chicken in the EVOO and lemon juice mixture.
- Roll the chicken in the breadcrumb mixture.
- Place each piece of chicken seam-side down into a baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake until the chicken is cooked through, about 30 minutes.
Eat this right away; it’s best right out of the oven. I’m definitely looking forward to making this dish again! Enjoy!
Leave a Reply