This was my first time using cod in a dish…I’m normally a tilapia kind of girl. I wanted to try something new though, and was inspired by an amazing halibut dish I had in Lake George this summer at the Grist Mill. But, my supermarket didn’t have any halibut. Cod seemed like a close second to halibut.
I used a weightwatchers.com recipe for the fish. (Their original recipe was also using halibut. I think the cod worked just fine though.) The fish did stick a little to my griddler. Other than that, it was very good! I didn’t even miss carbs!
Start by making a marinade for the cod…
- Zest 1 lemon into a shallow dish.
- Add the juice from the lemon.
- Pour in 4 teaspoons EVOO.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Then, add 1 teaspoon dried oregano.
- Next, add 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder.
- Finally, add 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
- Whisk everything to combine.
- Get out your cod (or other white fish). I got about a pound.
- Cut the cod into serving sizes and add it to the marinade.
- Turn to coat both sides.
- Set aside to let the flavors soak in, about 25 minutes.
Meanwhile, start on the veggies…
- Slice up 1 red pepper, 1 yellow pepper, and 1.5 red onions.
- Spread the slices out on your cutting board and coat with nonstick cooking spray.
- Season liberally with s&p.
Now you’re ready to cook…
- Preheat your Cuisinart Griddler (or grill or grill pan) to medium-high heat.
- Spray your cod with nonstick cooking spray. (I recommend also spraying the Griddler.)
- Add the fish and the veggies.
- Cook until the veggies are charred and the fish is cooked through, flipping once.
Serve the veggies alongside the fish. The veggies were delicious (the onions were my favorite!) and the cod had great flavor. I really liked this meal. You will too! Enjoy!