A few nights ago, I decided to make breakfast for dinner. I made what I call an “Italian Frittata” with home fries. I was happy with the outcome, and so was Matt!
- Preheat the oven to 400º.
- Dice 4 tomatoes.
- Mince 5 cloves of garlic.
- Add some EVOO to a pan; once heated add the garlic and sauté until soft and golden.
- Add the tomato and cook a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine 6 eggs with a little s&p, a splash of skim milk, and some dried basil.
- Whisk the eggs and add to the tomatoes and garlic.
- Stir to combine and let set.
- Once set, place in the oven and cook for about 6 minutes.
- After about 6 minutes, add shredded mozzarella to the top of the frittata. Cook until the cheese is melted.
For the home fries, I add already cooked potatoes that I diced. I add some EVOO to a pan and then the potatoes. (I did not have any onions in my house! Unbelievable, right?!? If I did, I would have added some chopped onion to the EVOO first and cooked before adding the potatoes.) Season generously with s&p. Then let cook; don’t stir too often. Let the potatoes get golden brown on one side before stirring.