I never made it to the grocery store this weekend, so I had to go with something I could make at home. I like the Weight Watchers Online site because you can enter the ingredients you have on hand, and it lists all the recipes you can make.
The basic ingredients that I entered were: lemon, pasta, and cheese. This recipe was simple and quick. I added some of my own touches though…they’re italicized…
- Cook whole wheat spaghetti according to the package instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat about 2 tablespoons EVOO with 1 tablespoon salted butter over medium heat.
- Add two gloves of garlic, minced.
- Sprinkle in a little red pepper flake.
- Cook for about two minutes; be careful not to burn the garlic.
- Add 1/2 cup chicken stock.
- Cook about 1 minute more, then remove from heat.
- Add the hot, cooked pasta, 1 beaten egg, and about 1/3 cup grated parmesan.
- Mix well (make sure to fully incorporate the egg – work quickly so it doesn’t scramble), then add the zest and juice of 1 lemon.
- Mix well again, then season with s&p and add a little dried parsley.
I was a little worried about adding a raw egg and just about the flavor of the sauce in general. I have to admit though that it came out great. Matt really enjoyed it too. WW said it was 4 servings, 8 points each.
Pretty close to the original, huh??
Leave a Reply