This is great one for holiday dinners. It’s tart and sweet and always a big hit.
The best part is that you can make it several days in advance. (I’m always looking for make-ahead dishes when hosting a big event!)
- Remove the peel and pith from 2 large naval oranges.
- Section the oranges and cut into bite-sized pieces.
*Note: I made a double batch, so the pictures have double the amount of ingredients!
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add 1 package of cranberries, the oranges, 3/4 cup of sugar, 1/4 cup water, and 1/8 teaspoon of ground ginger.
- Stir to combine all ingredients.
- Cook for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. (Most of the cranberries should burst by then, and the sauce will be bubbling.)
- Remove from the heat and stir in the juice of 1/2 a lemon and 1/2 a lime.
That’s it! It’s so simple. Let the sauce cool completely and then store in the fridge until your gathering. Enjoy!