Sorry for being MIA the past couple of weeks. December is super hectic (as usual). Between teaching, coaching basketball, shopping, attending holiday parties, and finally finishing my Master’s (wohoooo), there’s not much time left at the end of the day. A with the little time that I do have, I just want to sit and do nothing! Because of all of this, the food I’ve been making this month has been quick and simple, but still delicious, starting with the great side dish.
Start by prepping the brussels sprouts…
- Cut the stems off of 2 small bags of brussels sprouts. Remove any icky outer leaves. Cut in half.
- Mince up 4 cloves of garlic.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add about 1 tablespoon of EVOO.
- Add 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Swirl the butter around until it’s melted into the oil.
- Add the garlic and cook for a minute or two.
- Add the brussels sprouts.
- Stir to coat them in the butter and oil mixture.
- Cook, stirring every now and then, until browned and tender (but not mushy!).
- Season with s&p.
- Add some shredded parmesan cheese (as much as you want!).
- Stir until the cheese has melted.
Serve immediately. Enjoy!