I love using the oven when it’s chilly outside. Not only does it warm up the house, but it also fills it with tempting aromas. This baked chicken dish did both of those things perfectly. I loved everything in my version of this Pinterest-inspired dish. The tomatoes and artichokes paired perfectly with the chicken. And the cheesy-goodness on top was the perfect finish!
Start by preheating your oven to 350…
- Cut up 8 roma tomatoes.
- Place the tomatoes in a large mixing bowl.
- Slice up 4 cloves of garlic.
- Add the garlic to the tomatoes.
- Quarter 1 can of artichokes.
- Put the artichokes in the bowl.
- Add some EVOO to the veggies. (I just eyeballed it. I’d say I used 2 or 3 tablespoons.)
- Season everything with some s&p.
- Add 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- Add 2 tablespoons flour.
- Stir to combine everything.
- Season 1 package of chicken breasts with s&p.
- Cut the chicken up into bite-sized chunks and add to the veggies.
- Stir once more.
- Pour the chicken and vegetables into a baking dish.
- Bake until the chicken is cooked through, about 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top with shredded Italian cheese (or just plain mozzarella).
- Place back in the oven and bake until the cheese is melted, about 5-10 minutes.
Remove from the oven and serve immediately, while the cheese is still ooey-gooey! I made come crescent rolls to dip in the sauce.
Top the chicken with some fresh basil and you’re good to go! Enjoy!
Leave a Reply