Frozen shrimp was on sale recently, so I stocked up on a few bags. It takes no time to defrost and cooks even quicker! It’s the perfect protein for a busy weeknight. My inspiration for this meal came from this recipe. It was so quick to pull together. The sweet tomatoes paired with the tangy feta really worked well together. Garlic bread is a must too. You’ll need it to sop up the delicious sauce that forms in the baking dish.
If you are using frozen shrimp like me, start with the defrosting…
- Place the shrimp in a colander.
- Run cold water over the shrimp until they are no longer frozen. (Give the shrimp a little toss every now and then.)
- Place the shrimp on paper towels.
- Top with more paper towels and press down to absorb the moisture.
Once the shrimp are defrosted, preheat your oven to 450°…
- Cut 8 tomatoes into wedges.
- Put the tomatoes into a baking dish.
- Mince up several cloves of garlic.
- Scatter the garlic over the tomatoes.
- Season the tomatoes with salt.
- Add some black pepper to taste.
- Pour in a couple of tablespoons of EVOO.
- Toss to combine everything.
- Bake, uncovered, for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and add the shrimp.
- Chop up a good amount of fresh oregano.
- Add it to the baking dish.
- Squeeze in the juice of one lemon.
- Toss everything again.
- Sprinkle some feta cheese on top. (Don’t be shy!)
- Return to the oven and bake until the shrimp is cooked through, about 10 more minutes.
Serve with warm garlic bread. Enjoy!
Baked Greek Shrimp with Tomatoes & Feta (serves 4)
- 8 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails on
- 3 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1 cup crumbled feta
- 1 loaf garlic bread, sliced
- Preheat your oven to 450°.
- Place the tomatoes in a baking dish.
- Add the garlic, salt, pepper, and olive oil.
- Toss to combine all ingredients.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, until the tomatoes are soft.
- Add the shrimp, oregano, and lemon juice.
- Mix everything up.
- Top with the feta.
- Bake for an additional 10 minutes, until the shrimp are cooked through.
- Serve with the garlic bread.