This was a super fast and super satisfying meal. As you all
should know by now, I love tilapia. It’s my favorite fish. I modified a weightwatchers.com recipe for the tilapia (only 3 PointsPlus per serving!) and just sauteed the spinach in some garlic and EVOO. Total prep and cooking time was 15 minutes flat, making this meal great for a busy weeknight!
Start by preheating your broiler to high…
- Spray a roasting pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Season both sides of your tilapia filets with s&p.
- Place the fish in the pan.
- Sprinkle with oregano and garlic powder.
- Squeeze the juice of 1 lemon onto the fish.
- Place under the broiler until cooked through, about 7-8 minutes.
Meanwhile, make the spinach.
- Mince up 5 cloves of garlic.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Coat the bottom with EVOO.
- Add the garlic, and saute until golden brown.
- Add two bags of triple washed baby spinach. (It will look like way too much, but you’ll be shocked about how much it cooks down!)
- Toss the spinach in the garlic oil.
- Cook until wilted, stirring occasionally.
- Season with s&p and stir before serving.
I placed my tilapia over the spinach. I also poured some of the cooking liquid from the fish to use a sauce. Be careful though if you do this…it was pretty lemony! I liked it, but if you’re not a huge lemon fan, skip this step.
You’ll feel so good after eating this delicious meal. Enjoy!