This chicken dinner really had fantastic flavor. The marinade is great! It was simple to make too. You need some time to let the chicken marinate, but the actual cooking time is pretty quick.
Start with the marinade:
- Trim 1 package of thinly sliced chicken breasts.
- Add the chicken to a large ziploc bag.
- Add 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar.
- Add 1/2 tablespoon of EVOO.
- Mince a few cloves of garlic and add to the bag.
- Season generously with s&p.
- Seal the bag (letting the air out first), and mix well with your hands, making sure you thoroughly coat all of the meat.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour.
While the meat is in the fridge, work on the bruschetta topping…
- Dice 4 plum tomatoes and 1/2 of a vidalia onion.
- Add both to a large bowl and mix.
- Mince a couple cloves of garlic and add it to the bowl.
- Add 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar and 1 tablespoon EVOO.
- Season with s&p.
- Stir and set aside until the chicken is ready.
- Once the meat is finished marinating, preheat your Cuisinart Griddler (or grill pan or grill) to medium-high.
- Add the chicken.
- Cook for about 3 minutes, then flip.
- Meanwhile, line a baking sheet with tin foil (easy cleanup!).
- Preheat your broiler to high.
- When the chicken is cooked through, line it up on the baking sheet.
- Top with all of the bruschetta mixture. (It’s okay if any falls off…you can scoop it up later.)
- Sprinkle on some shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Place under the broiler for anywhere from 5-10 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
My only comment is that the onion/garlic in the bruschetta topping was a little strong. I would probably use less of both next time. Even so, this was delicious!
Leave a Reply