I have made a lot of burgers since I got married and started cooking dinner regularly. And a lot of them have been delicious. This burger, though, was simply AMAZING. I honestly was surprised by the great flavor. It was fantastic! My husband liked it so much, he had two. Needless to say, I HIGHLY recommend this burger!
Start with the meat…
- Preheat your Cuisinart Griddler (or grill pan or grill) to medium-high.
- Combine 1 pound ground beef with 3/4 of a packet of fajita seasoning.
- Add 1/4 cup salsa and 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce.
- Chop 1 handful of cilantro.
- Add it to the meat mixture.
- Mix the meat with your hands. (Do not over mix.)
- Score the meat into 4 equal sections.
- Then make 4 patties.
- Add the patties to your griddler and cook about 5 minutes per side (or less if you like your burger medium).
Meanwhile, make the guacamole…
- Start by halving two avocados.
- Remove the pits and score the fruit using a paring knife.
- Using a spoon, remove the fruit.
- Mash it to your desired consistency using a fork.
- Halve a lime and squeeze its juice onto the avocado.
- Season generously with salt.
- Dice half a red onion and add it.
- Seed and dice 1 plum tomato and add that as well.
- Finally, dice 1 jalapeño pepper and add it.
- Season with salt again and mix well.
Once the guacamole is ready, start on the peppers and onions…
- Slice 1 yellow onion, 1 red pepper, and 1 green pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon EVOO in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the peppers and onions.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5-8 minutes.
- Add the remaining half packet of fajita seasoning and 1/4 cup water.
- Let simmer until most of the water has evaporated.
- While the peppers are cooking, slice up some pepperjack cheese to top the burgers.
- Just before the burgers when they are finished, add the cheese. They should look like this right before you add it:
- Cook until melted.
- To serve the burgers, start by spreading some guacamole on the bottom of your bun (or Arnold’s Multigrain Sandwich Thin, if you’re like me).
- Place the burger on top of the guacamole.
- Add some peppers and onions on top. (And on the side as a veggie.)
Leave a Reply