This is a great summer meal with awesome flavor combinations. The idea came from weightwatchers.com. I changed things up a bit though and was really happy with the results.
Start by marinating your chicken for at least one hour…no more than eight though…
- In a small bowl, combine 6 tablespoons water, 1.5 tablespoons EVOO, the juice and zest of 1 lemon, 4 cloves of garlic (minced), about a 1/4 cup of chopped dill, and s&p.
- Stir to combine, then pour into a large pyrex dish.
- Add one package of chicken breasts (I went with the thin cut), and turn to coat.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge.
Meanwhile, prep everything else for the salad…
- Slice 3 heads of romaine lettuce, a few tomatoes, an English cucumber, and some more dill.
- Also, drain a jar of artichokes, drain and slice some roasted red peppers, and get out some feta and kalamata olives.
- I went with a store-bought Greek Vinaigrette (which was very yummy!), but you could definitely double the marinade and use half of it as a dressing. (DO NOT use any marinade that has touched raw chicken of course! Remove half of the marinade before adding the rest to the chicken!)
- When the chicken is done marinating, preheat your grill (or your Cuisinart Griddler) to medium-high.
- Add the chicken, and cook until done, turning once.
When the chicken is ready, you can either slice it and combine all the ingredients ahead of time, or you can put it out “Salad Bar Style” like I did. Matt is not a fan of artichokes or kalamata olives (crazy, I know!), so it just worked better for us to make our own salads. It’s fun that way too!
Here’s what my salad looked like:
Leave a Reply