Okay, okay. Slow Cooker Sunday really isn’t working out. I mean, I haven’t had a Slow Cooker Sunday post since February 12th (see https://www.cookbookmeals.com/post/17526658207/slow-cooker-chicken-burritos). However, it IS Sunday, AND I used my slow cooker today, so why not try to bring it back?? And, what a GREAT way to bring it back!
Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken!
Again, any meat cooked in the slow cooker is super tender and delicious. And this chicken is no exception. The sauce was delicious with just the perfect amount of heat. It was so satisfying that I didn’t even use a bun. I just wanted to meat in all its pure goodness, no distractions. This meal was so easy to assemble, too. No cutting, no pots and pans. Just the slow cooker, some chicken, and some spices…
- Place about 3 pounds of chicken breast in the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Add 1 tablespoon onion powder.
- Add 1 tablespoon ground cayenne pepper.
- Sprinkle in 1 teaspoon of garlic powder. (Sorry, this photo is over-exposed!)
- Add 1/2 teaspoon each of s&p.
- Add 12 ounces (1 bottle) of beer. (I used a homemade brew. We started brewing our own beer recently, and boy, is it good!)
- Add 24 ounces of BBQ sauce.
- Stir to combine all ingredients.
- Cook on high for 4 hours (or low for 8).
- When the chicken is finished cooking, remove it from the slow cooker.
- Shred the chicken using 2 forks.
- Mix in some of the sauce from the slow cooker to the shredded chicken. (Save the rest to add when eating.)
Serve with a simple side dish of corn or baked beans. Also serve with some extra same on the side from the slow cooker. And, as previously mentioned, I was going to pile the chicken high on top of a toasted English muffin, but after sneaking a bite of the chicken, I opted to just enjoy its barbecue-y goodness alone. However you serve it, though, it will be DELICIOUS! Enjoy!