This was a super fast recipe that I just threw together after a request for “beans” from my husband. After a quick survey of the fridge and pantry, I decided that some corn and tomatoes would make a great combination with the beans and chicken. There was no prep work involved…just dump everything into the slow cooker and turn it on.
Get out your can opener…
- Place 1 package of thinly cut chicken breasts into the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Drain 1 can of corn and add it on top of the chicken.
- Drain and rinse 1 can of black beans. Pour them in.
- Add 1 can of diced tomatoes with chilies.
- Stir everything to combine.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours.
- When the slow cooker is finished, shred the chicken using two forks. (I shredded it right in the slow cooker.)
You can serve this in bowls or in burritos. Either way, don’t forget the cheese! (I used shredded pepper jack.)
However you eat it, enjoy!
Leave a Reply