This recipe is super quick to make, mainly because it uses leftovers from the Spanish Beef and Rice recipe I posted a few days ago (see: https://www.cookbookmeals.com/post/11704823522/spanish-beef-and-rice). I used cubanelle peppers, but feel free to use poblanos or even bell. My husband and I both really enjoyed this meal. It was definitely different than the stuffed peppers I have previously blogged about when I started this blog (see: https://www.cookbookmeals.com/post/2802343138/ragu-stuffed-peppers), but equally delicious!
Start by prepping the peppers…
- Slice 4 cubanelle peppers in half (of your preferred type of pepper).
- Drizzle with a little EVOO.
- Grill 3-4 minutes per side on medium heat.
While the peppers are on the grill, doctor up the leftover beef…
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add 1 tablespoon EVOO.
- Once the EVOO is hot, add one cracked clove of garlic.
- Trim and wash 1 bag of spinach.
- Add it to the EVOO and season with s&p.
- Once wilted, remove and reserve.
- Add the leftover beef mixture to the skillet.
- Add 1/2 cup of beef broth and 1 cup tomato sauce.
- Add the spinach back to the skillet.
- Stir to combine.
Now you’re ready to assemble the stuffed peppers…
- Preheat your broiler to high.
- Place the peppers in the bottom of a baking dish.
- Fill the peppers with the meat mixture.
- Shred up some pepperjack cheese.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top of the peppers.
- Place under the broiler until the cheese is melted, about 4-5 minutes.