Here’s a fantastic way to use those leftover turkey drumsticks from the make-ahead gravy (https://www.cookbookmeals.com/post/20920895251/make-ahead-turkey-gravy)! It’s a hearty pasta dish that has great flavor (thanks to those slow-roasted drumsticks!). It was pretty simple to pull together too, since the drumsticks were already cooked.
Start by heating water in a large pot. Once boiling, salt and your pasta of choice. Cook according to package’s directions.
- Start with 1/4 cup EVOO in the bottom of a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Chop up 1 onion and mince up 5 cloves of garlic.
- Chop 1 carrot and 1 stalk of celery.
- Add the onions and garlic to the pan. Cook until tender.
- Add the rest of the veggies to the pan.
- Cook about 7 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, shred the turkey meat from the leftover drumsticks. (You can shred it with your fingers; it’s so tender! Just pull off the skin and go for it!)
- Add the turkey to the pan and sauté for about 2 minutes.
- Add 3 cups marinara sauce. (Store-bought or homemade, it’s your choice!)
- Reduce the heat to medium, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- While you’re waiting, chiffonade some basil.
- Stir in the fresh basil and some s&p to taste.
- Add enough cooking liquid form the pasta to moisten the sauce.
- Add the cooked pasta to the sauce.
- Top with grated parmesan.