The great summer-like weather inspired this meal tonight! (It was almost 80º here in NJ today!) This is a light but delicious recipe from an old Food Network Magazine. I really was super impressed with the outcome. I’m not a huge pork fan, but this was fantastic!
- Trim a 3/4 pound pork tenderloin. (Make sure you remove any silver skin!)
- Cut the tenderloin into thin strips.
- Whisk 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce, 3 tablespoons rice vinegar, 3 cloves of minced garlic, and 1/2 teaspoon each s&p in a large bowl.
- Add the sauce to the pork and marinate for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a large skillet over high heat. Remove the pork from the marinade (reserve the marinade!) and stir-fry until browned, about 4 minutes.
- Transfer the pork to a plate.
- Add 3 to 4 tablespoons water to the skillet, then pour the pan juices over the pork on the plate.
- Add 1 more tablespoon vegetable oil to the skillet.
- When hot, add 1 package (14 ounces) coleslaw mix and cook until wilted, about 3 minutes. (The recipe calls for 8 ounces shitake mushrooms to be added before the coleslaw. I do not like mushrooms though, so I omitted them.)
- Add the pork back to the pan, the reserved marinade and half of a bunch of chopped scallions.
- Stir-fry 2 more minutes.
- Season with salt and sprinkle with the other half bunch of chopped scallions.
Serve the stir-fry in Bibb lettuce leaves with additional hoison sauce. Super yummy and waist-friendly!
I served with an Israeli Tomato Salad (also from Food Network Magazine). I really liked the salad – it just didn’t pair up well with the Asian style pork!
- Toss 1 cup each diced cucumber, tomato, green pepper, and scallions with 3 tablespoons chopped dill, 2 tablespoons chopped parsley, the juice of 1 lemon, and 1/2 cup EVOO. Season with salt.
Again, very yummy, but didn’t really go with the entree! (Probably should have made my Asian Cucumber Salad: https://www.cookbookmeals.com/post/3690561795/asian-cucumber-salad.)
(Sorry! I totally forgot to take pictures until I was eating!)