After last’s week dry Slow Cooker Garlic Parmesan Chicken, I was a little worried about this meal. I have to say, though, that was waaaay better! The chicken was moist and delicious. (My husband even said it was the most moist chicken I’ve even made in the slow cooker! He loved this dish.)
My inspiration came from 2 different recipes. The first had no butter and just a little chicken broth. The second had a lot of butter and broth! I added just a little butter and some broth to my version and was very happy with the results! I think the combination, along with the oil from the pesto, helped keep the chicken from drying out. I also cooked it for 4 hours on high instead of 8 on low. That may have helped too.
This is a very easy, 6 ingredient meal! Prep literally took 5 minutes. And, it made the house smell delicious (yet again). I definitely recommend this recipe to any pesto lover out there! I served it with Parmesan Roasted green Beans (recipe coming soon!). It was the perfect meal!
- Start by placing some thin cut chicken breasts into your slow cooker.
- Spread some pesto on top of each piece of chicken.
- Sprinkle a little ranch dip mix over the chicken.
- Pour ½ cup chicken broth over the chicken.
- Cut up 2 tablespoons of butter into small pieces.
- Scatter the pieces on top of the chicken.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours.
After 4 hours, it should like something like this:
- When the chicken is finished, place on a plate.
- Spoon some of the sauce from the slow cooker onto the chicken.
- Top with a little shredded mozzarella cheese.
(Don’t worry – the cheese will melt as it sits on top of the chicken! I was just too hungry to wait to take a melted picture!)
Slow Cooker Pesto Chicken (serves 4)
- 1 package thinly sliced boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 6 tablespoons pesto
- ¼ package ranch dip mix
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- Place the chicken breasts into your slow cooker.
- Add the pesto and spread it evenly over the chicken.
- Sprinkle the ranch dip mix over the chicken.
- Add the chicken broth.
- Scatter the pieces of butter over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours.
- Top the chicken with a the mozzarella before serving.