If you are a fan of Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad, then boy do I have a burger for you!
These burgers were moist and flavorful. You could really taste both the Caesar dressing and the Parmesan cheese in them. They were really quick to make too, which is always a plus. I topped the burgers with some more dressing, some tomato, and a Parmesan crisp.
The crisps didn’t come out like I hoped they would. They didn’t really melt and were dry. (The flavor was good, however.) I attributed this to the fact that I used store-bought grated cheese and parchment paper. I recommend freshly grating the cheese yourself and also using a silicon mat instead of parchment paper. I’ve made them before that way and they came out much better. Make sure you pat the cheese down a little. (You also may want to make a few extra in case you have any mishaps. Even if you don’t, the crisps are a delicious snack!)
Start with the Parmesan crisps…
- Preheat your oven to 400°.
- Line a baking sheet with a silicon mat or parchment paper. (Again, I recommend going with the silicon.)
- Spoon out heaping tablespoons of Parmesan cheese.
- Pat each spoonful down a bit.
- Bake for 3-4 minutes, until the cheese has melted and is golden. (My picture is to show you what they should NOT look like!)
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Preheat your grill (or griddler) to medium-high.
- Place 1 package of ground chicken in a large bowl.
- Add ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese.
- Season with some s&p.
- Pour in a couple of tablespoons of your favorite Caesar dressing. (I used a light version.)
- Mix well and divide into 4 equal sections.
- Coat your grill with nonstick cooking spray.
- Form each section of meat into a patty.
- Place the patties on the grill.
- Let cook for about 8 minutes, then flip.
- Continue cooking until the burgers are cooked through.
- Slice a plum tomato.
To serve, place a burger on your favorite bun. (I used a wheat bun.)
Drizzle some more Caesar dressing onto the burger.
Top with a couple of slices of tomato.
Finish with a Parmesan crisp.
One Year Ago: Slow Cooker Garlic Parmesan Chicken
Three Years Ago: Roasted Pepper, Tomato, Basil, & Mozzarella Paninis
- ¼ cup plus 4 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 package ground chicken
- ½ teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons Caesar dressing
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 plum tomato, sliced
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns
- Preheat your oven to 400°.
- Line a baking sheet with a silicon mat.
- Place 4 tablespoons of the Parmesan cheese on the baking sheet, leaving 2-3 inches between spoonful.
- Bake for 3-4 minutes, until the cheese is melted and golden brown.
- Let the cheese crisps cool before handling.
- Meanwhile, preheat your grill to medium-high.
- Combine the chicken, remaining Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, and 2 tablespoons of the Caesar dressing in a large bowl.
- Mix, then divide the chicken mixture into 4 equal sections.
- Form a patty from each section.
- Coat your grill with the cooking spray.
- Grill the burgers for about 8 minutes, then flip.
- Continue grilling until the meat is completely cooked.
- Place the burgers on the buns.
- Top each burger with a tablespoon of Caesar dressing, 2 tomato slices, and a Parmesan crisp.