This is a really simple appetizer that people always seem to love. The prep work is minimal and it’s only in the over for a short amount of time, so it’s perfect for parties. You an even prep the filling a day in advance to save time the day of your event.
Start by prepping the filling:
- Chop and seed 4 roma tomatoes.
- Add about 1/2 a bag of shredded mozzarella.
- Add a few tablespoons pesto. (I eyeballed it. Just keep adding and stirring until you get the amount of pesto you would like.)
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Preheat your oven to 375º.
- Spray 2 muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray.
- Open a can of Pillsbury Grands biscuits.
- Separate each biscuit into halves.
- Place a half into each muffin hole and mold to fit.
- Fill the biscuits with the tomato pesto filling.
- Top with grated parmesan cheese.
- Bake until puffy and golden, about 8-10 minutes.
Use a knife to help you remove the biscuits from the tins. Serve hot.
What’s great about this recipe is that you can completely change up the filling to make them different every time. Next time, I’d like to add some browned group beef and cheddar. The possibilities are endless! If you have a good idea for a filing, please post it!
Leave a Reply