Well, the party was a success! Everyone had a great time and loved the food. I’ll start with the star: the corned beef!
- I always buy my briskets between 2.5 & 3.5 pounds, thin cut.
- Place the brisket in your pot.
- This is my mom’s secret ingredient: pour a little splash of white vinegar on the top of the brisket. It tenderizes the meat very nicely!
- Add hot water until the brisket is covered slightly.
- Add one small onion (chopped) and 2 cloves of garlic (minced).
- Last, add 2 bay leaves.
- Cover and let simmer 3-4 hours.
When the corned beef is ready, take it out, and let rest for at least 20 minutes before trimming the fat and slicing it. Enjoy!
We have a lot of sides (potatoes, steamed cabbage, and friend cabbage) leftover, but hardly any corned beef! I actually bought another brisket today to make for dinner this week. I’ll post the recipes for the side dishes the rest of the week since I won’t be doing much cooking!
Leave a Reply